Wednesday, July 1, 2009

24hr Race = 12hrs of Survival in Canada

Just when you thought battling the summer heat, mountains and sand were tough enough here in California, think again, things could be way worse.

At the 24hr of Summer Solstice in Bolton, Ontario, Canada, the actual event was cut down from 24hrs to 12hrs due to the rain and muddy conditions. I've actually done this race before and can't imagine racing it in these conditions.

Here's a picture of my friend trying to finish one of his laps.

Just something to think about the next time we complain about the how hot it is here in SoCal. :)

More pictures here and here.







2 comments:

  1. Dam. That makes my legs sore just thinking about that. So much for light race bikes eh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I think I'd rather RIDE my bike than run with it.....
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete